Thursday 19 June 2008

Leanne's Note Book Lotions & Potions

For my friend Leanne I created a book cover in the magical
theme, using some of the papers from the Once upon a time
scrapbook pad. I used the 12x12 size for this project which gave me more space to work with. For the tag I used watercolour paper and brushed with a lilac ink pad. Then added the text on my printer, to give it a sparkle effect I used the sakura stardust pens in deep lavender. The fairys are stamped with dark lavender ink and then I used the gold colour stardust pen to highlight the hair and wings, also used the deep lavender pen to highlight the shoes and dress.
The lilac gems are from a kit. To make the book more fairytale like I added pretty lilac organza ribbon and fibres to the wired side then trimmed.
Inside the book I added a fairy picture framed with some of the left over paper and made a small pocket for her to place her business cards.

The book has taken me over a week to complete but I was very pleased with the final results.
For the back of the book, I used the opposite side of the paper, this time just adding one fairy flying and another sitting on the glitter box. once again I highlighted the fairys. I wanted to leave the back rather plain so that it sat on her desk better and would not wobble. To complete the set I added another altered coffee mate tin, larger in length this time. This I coloured with lilac permanent marker pens on the lid, then added a circle of paper from the unicorn themed papers in the same once upon a time book.

Wrapping the unicorn paper around the tin then sealing it. I added lilac poka dot ribbon to the bottom edge as the lid covers the top edge. To complete the lid I added magical fibres with a pink brad and let them hang to one side to represent the unicorns tail. I also added a sequin pink pen to complete. I really enjoyed making this project, I gave her the present today, I am sure she loved it. I loved it I wanted to
keep it..lol. But I know I can make another when I want to.


These books are great to cover and make very pretty
presents. I think I will continue to produce these and
venture into making some as extra gifts for
Christmas...lol..if I start now everyone should get one...lol.

Happy crafting all

Holly

No comments: