Tuesday 15 April 2008

Vintage


Thinking on the lines of vintage, I decided to make a card that resembled a old pub sign. I came across this stamp at Artymiss, thought it was ideal for a man card.

For this card I got down to designing a background using my graphics programme, and using brushes made a musical theme. Its not shown well on the card. I then used black pearlised card for the backing. I stamped onto cream card the cheers sign. To make the sign look old and slightly worn, I added some double sided tape to the edges, then peeled it off at a angle so that I got a patterned edge. Using vintage fawn ink pad I rubbed some ink into the torn edge, this gave the darker colour. Then using vintage chalks I then brushed over with a brown, then red and finally light fawn colours. To finish I added 2 brass coloured brads as to look like old nails. I thought the card would be suitable for fathers day, I have not added any text to it.


I decided to add a little picture of my own background that I used for layering this card. Using Paint Shop Pro. Starting off with a colour that matched the theme colours I flooded a 3x3 inch square, then changing to the brush I used a range of different brushes that I had made by using black and white images. I kept layering and layering the different brushes until I ended up with the sample that is shown here. I have added more of my backgrounds to my slideshow.

This was just a play about project to start with but I think its turned out pretty good.



Holly

No comments: