Wednesday 25 March 2009

Altered book


As I said in my last post I was given 2 little hard board books to alter, so here I have added a couple of pages for you to see, there is more on my flickr pages. You can get to this by clicking on the slideshow on this blog.
The pages were altered by using inks on this page I added some skeleton leaves then inked over and finally covered in 3D embossing varnish it gives a better finish. I have been given another board book to alter larger this time so cant wait to get to work on it. As I have said I am at present time on study for a year so that has to come first, yesterday I completed 27 questions so I can now have time to do some craft work. It may seem simple just 27 questions but when they are on anatomy and physiology not so simple..lol. Also I cant just write one easy answer I have to totally explain myself so they know I understand. Still I hope to get the course done asap. Now I am off to work creating altered CD's today see what they think about doing these..lol.
Cheers

Holly

4 comments:

Pattie said...

Oh just spotted you had blogged it lol,looks really lovely and lots better in person ! i know i have seen it lol well done,soooo pleased your back !

Siobhan Brignull said...

hiya hunbun, good to see you back, and with some very nice work, well done, Siobhan

Sandra Foster said...

Just found your blog. Very interesting Holly. I will follow your blog - I might just learn something. Sandra

Deborah said...

Would you believe I have still not altered my barbie book. I have read it though :-) Looks wonderful and very inspiring. Just got to find mine...