Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Autumn Altered Note book


I wanted to make a altered note book for my friend so got down to designing. First I covered the book using quite thick scrapbook papers from the Once upon a time range. Then added some lace down the side. The picture I found on the internet ages ago and thought I could make something with that. The frame is made from pearlised card then embossed using the cuttlebug folders, I quite liked the effect of this folder. To get the frame to look a bit like brass, I used alcohol inks, cranberry and caramel and blotted them on using a felt applicator. You can use tiny pom poms. Then added some bronze stamping ink. I heated the ink to help it dry then stamped all over with clear stamping ink. Then added clear embossing powder and heated once again. I repeated heating and stamping until I was happy with the results. From the same piece of card I cut out corners and attached them to the book. Also using same card I made a name tag. Down the side of the book I attached some fibres, and spaced them out along the spiral holder. Then using a domino of which I had already altered and matched with the same photo, attached using the fibres and attached small gold beads and then greek beads. I was happy with the end result as was the person I made it for....lol. Really enjoyed making this project.
Happy Crafting
Holly

4 comments:

BlondeWitchCreations-Carley said...

great project well donexx

Piddawinkle said...

very nice holly lulu, good to see you are still creating, LOL

Deborah said...

Another gorgeous creation. Lucky friend!

Astrid Maclean said...

Only just discovered your blog!, I LOVE THIS PIECE. Thanks so much for the discription of how you did it, the effect is amazing, your embossed card really looks like metal, soooo clever!!!