Tuesday 21 October 2008

Christmas Tag


I designed this tag for a competition that was held in a craft forum I belong to. I wanted to use the same size and shape as that of the Gothic arches I had created. Using various background papers torn and edged with inks, I printed out a photograph of a lady with a violin and decided to make her into a angel using butterfly shaped wings. These I inked with alcohol inks and edged with silver pen. The Wording I found in a book of verses for Christmas and used different coloured food dye and let the colours merge into each other. This was the effect that I ended up with.
To complete I added a pretty gold and glittery woollen thread to match the colours of the tags theme.
Really enjoyed making this tag, you can also add poems or a verse on the backs of them. May make some more of these for present tags.
Holly

4 comments:

June said...

Gorgeous tag Holly. Also love the book in your previous blog.
Take a look over at my blog there is something for you there :)
Hugs June xxxx

Siobhan Brignull said...

this is fab Holly, really nice work, hope you are well, hugs SIObhan

Flippinpest said...

Absolutely stunning tag Holly and such a great blog :-)

Deborah said...

I love your gothic arches, Holly, and like the way you have adapted the arch to this Christmas tag. It is beautiful.