Tuesday 20 May 2008

Father's Day in the Garden

Father's Day is not far off, so I got down to some serious inspiration. I found a nice tutorial on the Create and Craft website using WS designs templates and stamps. I liked the idea of the card but wanted to design my own style using my own style watering can. This was the end result, I have listed templates that you can download and use for your own use if you choose. This design can also be used for thinking of you, just for you, whatever takes your fancy.

Using A4 white card folded, I layered with a pastel coloured background, this I printed out using a free paper, but you can use any you prefer. For the flower, I printed this from a image from a colouring book, I have added the template of the flower for you. I coloured the flower using Whispers marker pens and sakura stardust pens. For the centre I used Anita's 3-D embossing clear gloss finish. This adds depth to the flower and makes it stand out a little. The watercan I created a nice design from a picture. To get the embossed leaf effect, you need to make a template, cut out the leaves, then place the card over the template and use the embossing tool, I found this works best using pearlised card as you can see. The handle and spout and top are coloured using my gold pilot pen, then the second coat I stippled which gives it a hammered look. I printed out the flower pots from a image I found and made the sign and printed out. The pots I used white card, then using whispers marker pens I coloured in using a orange colour that resembled terracotta. Using the same colour I then went around the edge to hide any trace of the white card, then using the black I outlined the detail. For the soil effect I used the brown marker and drew what is supposed to look like soil...lol. For the 3rd pot I used a peel off garden set2 product code (XL553U) and using the spade, I coloured using the Whispers markers permanents, then attached to the card and coloured using the same green colour. Cut out and making a slight slit in the soil pushed the spade through, then attached at the back with double sides sticky tape. Using the same effect I attached the seeds sign. You can change the style and look as much as you like and everytime you get good results. I hope you enjoy this tutorial and design as much as I have making it.





Happy Crafting all

Holly





1 comment:

Pattie said...

Great card Holly makes me want to garden again haha !