Tuesday 8 December 2009

Altered Photo Frame

I wanted to give something different this year as Christmas presents. I found some bare basic items from papermania. So I got down to altering this photo frame, I actually bought 2 frames so will add the second one to my flickr when completed. The frames come as bare brown, I began by painting the frame black using liquid gesso, this gives it a good base. I then covered the black in Anitas 3D embossing fluid. I then added a hint of gold by using a rub on. As you can see I did this around the oval and around the outter sides of the frame. I then found some silk flowers in my box of tricks and decided to paint them using metallic paint, thus giving them a nice gold look and a bit of a shine. I then added tiny diamonte gem stones. For the shapes I found these in the Range also from papermania, these I painted with the gold metallic paint and then used sparkles glitter glue to add some christmas effect. The skeleton leaves also had a hint of sparkle by using the glitter glue. I then completed by adding more diamonties to the oval area of the frame. Now all I need is a lovely photo to go inside. I enjoyed making this frame and it looks better in person than in the photograph.

Holly

No comments: