Saturday 22 August 2009

A Sad Day


Just thought I would update you all regarding my rescued sparrow called Jack. Today for some unknown reason he died. He was doing really well the past week learning to fly more and would come to you, fly around you and even follow you walking on the floor. He was quite a character too would always make us laugh by running off with tissues and all sorts. I am glad I tried with Jack rather than just leave him hoping his parents found him. Jack also gave me hope when the past weeks have been so hard due to my illness, when recovering Jack became a therapy he would make me laugh and often would get me moving by nipping at my ankles when walking behind me. Many a time I would say 'god Jack watch out I almost never see you there'. Then he would give a loud chirp. He now has a special place in the garden and although we were trying to get him back into the wild, I felt he was becoming too tame, at least now his spirit is free and at peace. God bless you Jack!
Holly

3 comments:

Pattie said...

Awwwwww boo hoo,still feel upset such a little character,we are all going to miss him

Deborah said...

Sorry to hear about Jack :-( At least he had a chance with you - and a lovely cage. And he gave you something to focus on.

Siobhan Brignull said...

awwwwwwww, that is so sad, but as you said at least you tried your best to help him, Siobhan