Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Altered Rummikub Tile

I managed to find some unwanted rummikub tiles and thought I would attempt altering one. For this design I used alcohol inks with thick gesso. I added the gesso to make a sand effect then let it dry in the sun whilst I carried on with others I was making. Once dry I used tarnished gold paint and using a greenish rub on over the bumps. I added a tiny shell I found around and placed a glass pearl in middle. The hanging items are just small bits of chain and a bluish bead to give the effect of sea themes.
I enjoyed making this tile there are more I have made in my flickr page if you want to view them.
Happy Crafting

No comments: