Tuesday 8 September 2009

Altered Beer Mat


Thought I would have ago at altering a beermat, Pattie had given me ages ago, so trying to catch up with things. I am looking forward to my week off next week so I can venture more on all arty stuff.
No need to explain how I made this mat as I am sure most of you have made one at some point. But just incase here goes. Covered the beer mat in white gesso and thin glue to give it a base, pva glue is what I used. Then when dry added some alcohol inks and blended them all in. Then added some stamping in stazone black. The little pictue I found in one of my scrapbook books and inked that too then used gesso to lighten it up a bit. It's all glossed over to try and give the effect of glass.
Phew! Then I ventures onto more and made a front and back of a board book. Pictures to follow when it's put together so watch this space!....LOL!
Holly

1 comment:

Pattie said...

Love the background and colours !!